From Lowepro: PETALUMA, Calif., Sept. 15, 2014
— Lowepro, the leading maker of photography carrying solutions, unveils the newest generation of its beloved expedition backpacks from the Professional Collection: the Trekker Series. Nature, wildlife and landscape professionals that travel to the back-of-beyond to capture amazing imagery will appreciate the improved comfort, superior protection and versatile organization system of the new Pro Trekker 650 AW, Pro Trekker 450 AW and Lens Trekker 600 AW III.
“Trekker is our largest capacity backpack line, so our number one goal in refreshing the design was to improve the premium suspension system and offer a best-in-class solution for carrying a heavy load,” said Tim Grimmer, Lowepro brand director.
The ActivLift System harness is the result. This purposefully designed system is constructed to mimic the natural “S” curve of the back, transfer more weight from waist to hips, make it easy to adjust the length to the torso, and include airflow channels to improve breathability. Ten adjustment points allow for a custom, fine-tuned fit from the top of the shoulders to the lumbar.
The Trekker Series is built to protect and carry big glass and a huge amount of supporting gear. The patent-pending MaxFit System of adjustable dividers is featured in the Pro Trekker 650 AW and 450 AW packs. This easy-to-adjust system allows for a custom, snug and protective fit within the pack and is designed to hold the maximum amount of gear – all while safeguarding valuable glass, pro-sized DSLRs and accessories.
The Lens Trekker 600 AW III is built with Lowepro’s classic adjustable divider system with a lens collar– housed within walls of thick, shock-absorbing foam to protect a telephoto lens. This pack is ideal for wildlife and sports shooters who rely on a sturdy, comfortable and protective carry solution to get them from point A to point B.
The Trekker Series also includes these premium features: patented, built-in All Weather AW Cover; durable Cordura base; tripod attachments; organization pockets; SlipLock attachment loops for added capacity; plus a hydration-ready pocket and checkpoint-friendly laptop sleeve, and a removable backpack lid/waistbelt in the 650 AW and 450 AW packs.
Pro Trekker 650 AW fits: 2-3 Pro DSLRs, one with up to 600mm f/4.0 lens attached; 5-7 extra lenses; 2 flashes; tripod or monopod; up to a 15" laptop; accessories and personal gearUS MSRP $429.95
Pro Trekker 450 AW fits: 1-2 Pro DSLRs, one with up to 400mm f/2.8 lens attached; 4-6 extra lenses; 2 flashes; tripod or monopod; up to a 15" laptop; accessories and personal gearUS MSRP $379.95
Lens Trekker 600 AW III fits: Pro DSLR with telephoto lens attached (such as 600mm f/4L) OR 800mm lens unattached; lens hood; tripod; accessories and small personal gearUS MSRP $299.95 B&H
has the new Lowepro Pro Trekker
series available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/17/2014 7:12:15 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Lowepro: PETALUMA, Calif., Sept. 15, 2014
— Lowepro, the leading maker of photography carrying solutions, partners with Underwater Kinetics, manufacturer of uncompromising performance products, to launch the most extreme protection solution in Lowepro’s Professional Collection: the Hardside Series of camera cases.
Tested to a rating of IP67, which translates to 100% protection against the ingress of dust and sand, and makes it watertight for at least 30 minutes under 15cm to 1m of water, these hardworking cases double up on protection and versatility with a tough outer shell of formed ABS resin and a removable, soft-sided insert with a padded divider system.
“We knew it would take a lot of research and development to play in this category,” said Kevin Crandall, Lowepro director of design and development. “To do it right, we chose Underwater Kinetics, the leading manufacturer of ultra-rugged dry cases, to offer a truly airtight solution – and I mean truly airtight. The long-lasting and durable silicone gasket and seal is virtually maintenance free, unlike other hard cases, and restricts all moisture and debris from getting into the camera case.”
The Hardside Series is comprised of three cases: Hardside 400 Photo and 300 Photo for DSLR kits, and Hardside 200 Video to house action cam kits such as GoPro. To differentiate among existing, foam-filled and single set-up camera cases in the market today, each Hardside case includes a protective and fully customizable photo/video insert with Lowepro’s padded divider system. Tuck-away backpack straps and zippered pockets provide a versatile, out-of-the-case option for photographers and videographers who like to have a Plan B option on their shoots.
Studio, location and traveling professionals will appreciate the stackable form factor of Hardside Series cases. You can store, lock, carry and ship with ease – and Hardside 300 Photo and 200 Video meet standard airline carry-on requirements (less than 45 linear in. / 114.3 cm).
The Hardside Series also includes these premium features: integrated release valves in the latches for automatic pressure equalization in low and high altitudes; interior organization pocket on inside lid of insert; sturdy lift handles; plus full-length piano hinge on back, and lockable handles on hard case.
Hardside 400 Photo fits: Pro DSLR with 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached; 6-8 lenses; accessoriesUS MSRP $249.95
Hardside 300 Photo fits: DSLR with 70-200mm f/2.8 lens attached; 4-6 lenses or flashes; accessoriesUS MSRP $199.95
Hardside 200 Video fits: 5-10 action cams (such as GoPro); multiple mounts and attachments; accessoriesUS MSRP $169.95 B&H
has the Lowepro Hardside Series
available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/17/2014 6:50:32 AM CT Posted By: Sean
PHOTOKINA, COLOGNE, GERMANY, Sept. 16, 2014 – SanDisk Corporation (NASDAQ: SNDK), a global leader in flash storage solutions, today announced the world’s fastest microSD UHS-I memory card, the 64GB** SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC UHS-I card. The company also recently announced the 512GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I card, the world’s highest capacity full-sized SD memory card. These new offerings expand the company’s impressive portfolio of 4K Ultra High Definition (3840x2160p)1 capable products. For more than 25 years, SanDisk has been committed to delivering breakthrough technologies that expand the possibilities of storage. The New Era of 4K Ultra HD Video
4K Ultra HD video resolution is the next generation of video quality ushering a new era of consumer devices that require fast, reliable storage as a core enabling component. The exceptional resolution that 4K Ultra HD video delivers comes at the expense of very large files that can reach up to four times the size of a Full HD (1080p) video file. The SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDXC UHS-I card, the fastest microSD UHS-I memory card in the world, now comes with up to 64GB of storage to address consumers’ desire to generate high quality 4K Ultra HD content. With transfer speeds of up to 95MB/s*, users can shoot like a pro and still experience world-class responsiveness from their smartphone, tablet or action camera. The card also features Class 10 and UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) ratings, which are recommended by the SD Association for 4K Ultra HD video capture.
“4K video capture is being implemented in smartphones and ‘prosumer’ cameras and camcorders much more quickly than was the case when HD was launched. SanDisk understands where the market is headed and has the foresight to create solutions that enable optimal video capture and sharing across multiple host devices," said Chris Chute, vice president, SMB Cloud & Mobility, IDC.
“Features like 4K Ultra HD video recording, which were once only available on high-end devices, have quickly gained popularity and adoption,” said Dinesh Bahal, vice president, product marketing, SanDisk. “There is no doubt 4K Ultra HD is a game-changer and we are committed to enabling the next generation of video capture and sharing.”
SanDisk has also upgraded its range of memory cards and SSDs to enable consumers to take full advantage of 4K Ultra HD:
- The SanDisk Extreme, SanDisk Extreme PLUS and SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDHC/microSDXC memory card families have been upgraded to the U3 standard to deliver 4K Ultra HD.
- The new 512GB SanDisk Extreme PRO SDXC UHS-I card, the world’s highest capacity SD card, will allow users to capture more video and photos on an SD card than ever before.
- The SanDisk Extreme PRO SSDs deliver 24/7 consistent pro-level performance for the most demanding and graphics-intensive applications, and are now qualified by Atomos and Blackmagic Design, two industry pioneers, for 4K RAW and 4K ProRes capture.
SanDisk will be showcasing its newest offerings at Photokina, Hall 2.1 Stand: A014. Pricing and Availability
The SanDisk Extreme PRO microSDHC/microSDXC UHS-I cards are available worldwide in capacities of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB and range in pricing from $79.99 to $299.99 MSRP. B&H
carries SanDisk Memory Cards.
Post Date: 9/16/2014 3:26:03 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Think Tank Photo
: Urban Disguise Classic Think Tank Releases 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Urban Disguise Classic Shoulder Bag and Limited Edition Airport International LE Classic Premium Quality Rolling Camera Bag
As part of its 10th Anniversary celebration, Think Tank Photo will be releasing releasing a classic edition of its flagship camera shoulder bag, the Urban Disguise. The Urban Disguise Classic is crafted with genuine full-grain leather accents and panels. This traveler’s quick access bag is available in four sizes to suit a variety of gear carrying needs. They are built to protect photographic equipment with enduring materials, including a padded compartment for a laptop.
The UD Classic features the professional good looks of a briefcase without calling attention to it obviously being a camera shoulder bag carrying expensive photographic equipment. The Classic features new design elements over its predecessors, including the wide-mouth camera compartment for unencumbered access. For greater convenience, the Urban Disguise Classic’s pass-through strap fits any Airport International roller’s handle for easy transport. When paired with the Airport International LE Classic, they work together as a high-end, coordinated set. Key Features
- Professional appearance with full-grain leather accents.
- Separate padded compartment for carrying a laptop and tablet (tablet fits in front pocket on UD35).
- Wide-mouth opening for unencumbered access to gear.
- Expansion zipper increases depth to fit a gripped DSLR with standard zoom lens attached, in main compartment (50 & 60 only).
- Ingenious pass-through shoulder strap aids in placing the shoulder bag at the base of a rolling suitcase, making it easier to transport.
- Wide pocket under lid is large enough for gripped camera bodies, documents or a tablet.
- Lockable zippers on the camera and laptop compartment.
- Reinforced dividers ensure gear is held at the top of the bag.
- Sound silencers enable user to silence the hook/loop closure on the front flap.
- Wide roller handle pass-through secures bag on the handle of a rolling suitcase.
- Stretchable side pockets for a water bottle, strobe unit or compact umbrella.
- Front pocket organizer gives quick access to pens, business cards and keys.
- Leather wrapped dual handle system for carrying comfortably.
- Seam-sealed rain cover included.
- UD Classic converts into a backpack with “Backpack Conversion Straps” (sold separately).
Airport International LE Classic
- Urban Disguise 35 Classic: 1 standard or gripped DSLR with lens attached, one additional lens, flash, tablet and up to a 13.3” laptop (with standard camera body only).
- Urban Disguise 40 Classic: 1–2 standard DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 1–3 additional lenses, a tablet and up to a 13.3” laptop.
- Urban Disguise 50 Classic: 1–2 gripped or standard DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 1–4 additional lenses, a tablet and up to a 15.4” widescreen laptop.
- Urban Disguise 60 Classic: 1–2 gripped or standard DSLRs with lenses attached, plus 1–5 additional lenses, a tablet, and up to a 17” widescreen laptop.
In celebration of its 10th Anniversary, Think Tank Photo will be releasing a limited edition version of its most popular rolling carry-on camera case, the Airport International LE Classic. Crafted with genuine, full-grain leather accents and panels, this classic version represents everything the Think Tank brand is known for: premium quality, innovative design and long-lasting durability. Designed to complement Think Tank’s all-new Urban Disguise Classic shoulder bags series, together, these two bags make a beautiful set of matching cases that meet international airline carry-on standards.
The Airport International LE Classic carry-on roller lets photographers legally store their bodies, lenses, and accessories in overhead bins or under the seats of international carriers. For added security, it features front-pocket and main compartment combination locks and a cable from a secret rear hatch that allow it to be secured to posts, trees, and other immovable objects.
Airport International accommodates up to a 500mm f/4 lens unattached, additional smaller lenses and up to two gripped DSLR camera bodies, and other photography accessories. TSA approved combination locks secure the main compartment zipper sliders.
“The Airport International LE Classic is most definitely a limited edition bag. In celebration of our founding 10 years ago in my garage, we have added such one-time highlights as full-grain leather accents and panels,” said Doug Murdoch, Think Tank Photo’s founder and lead designer. “The Airport International LE Classic is extremely useful for wedding and commercial photographers who need quick access to their gear and who are concerned about gear security while shooting remotely.” Key Features
- Limited Edition with full-grain leather accents and panels.
- International and US carry-on size for most carriers.
- TSA-approved combination zipper locks secure main compartment.
- Two lock and cable systems: one to secure a laptop, keys, etc., one to secure the entire bag to a fixed object.
- Up to a 500mm f/4 lens unattached, additional smaller lenses and up to two gripped DSLR camera bodies.
- A standard professional kit consisting of two standard or gripped camera bodies, multiple professional lenses, flashes and accessories.
Think Tank Photo has the Urban Disguise Classic
and Airport International LE Classic
available for order.
As a reader of our site, receive a free gift
with your purchase of $50.00 or more at Think Tank Photo
Post Date: 9/16/2014 2:40:04 PM CT Posted By: Sean
Through tomorrow, use promo code REDSALE20R
to save 20%
on all Red Giant software
Post Date: 9/16/2014 11:23:55 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Nikon has added D750 support to View NX 2, Capture NX-D and Picture Utility Control 2. See below for update links. Download Software Updates B&H
has the Nikon D750
available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/16/2014 10:51:42 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Lexar: Milpitas, CA, September 16, 2014
– Lexar, a leading global brand of flash memory products, today announced the new Lexar Professional 2000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards, the fastest UHS-II memory cards available on the market today. To complement the new line and create a full portfolio of SD UHS-II products, Lexar also announced new Professional 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards and the new Professional Workflow SR2, a SD UHS-II USB 3.0 reader.
The new Lexar Professional 2000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II memory cards leverage the new Ultra High Speed II, UHS Speed Class 3 (U3) specification, to quickly capture and transfer high-quality photos and 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video. Available in 32GB and 64GB capacities, the cards offer transfer speeds up to 300MB per second and write speeds up to 260MB per second.* Additionally, every 2000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II card includes a SD UHS-II reader for high-speed file transfer of photos and videos from the card to any PC or Mac, offering users immediate performance right out of the package.
Rounding out the new SD UHS-II card line up, the Lexar Professional 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards provide read transfer speeds up to 150MB per second and write transfer speeds up to 95MB per second.** The cards are available in a full range of capacities, from 16GB to 256GB. The Professional 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II line of memory cards offer professional photographers, videographers, and enthusiasts great performance at a more affordable price.
“UHS-II technology really raises the bar in terms of performance. The latest UHS-II additions to our Lexar Professional product portfolio provide users the ability to capture and offload work even faster, so they can get back to what’s important--capturing great images and video,” said Adam Kaufman, director of card product marketing, Lexar. “Our multi-line UHS-II product offering gets performance into the hands of any user at a great value and with the Professional 2000x card, it comes right out of the box.”
To complete the new UHS-II product portfolio, the Lexar Professional Workflow line has expanded to include the Professional Workflow SR2 reader, a SD UHS-II USB 3.0 reader. The Professional Workflow SR2 reader is compatible with both the new 2000x and 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards, as well as the Professional Workflow HR2 (Thunderbolt 2/USB 3.0 reader and storage drive hub) and Professional Workflow HR1 (USB 3.0 reader and storage drive hub). The readers are sold separately so users can configure a hub into an ideal solution that meets their unique workflow needs, or can use the readers individually while on the go.
The Professional 2000x and 1000x SDHC/SDXC UHS-II cards are backwards compatible with older cameras and readers, performing at UHS-I and Class 10 speeds. The cards also include the latest version of Image Rescue software and come with a limited lifetime warranty.*** The Lexar Professional 2000x card will be available in Q4 with MSRPs of $184.99 (64GB) and $105.99 (32GB). The Lexar Professional 1000x card will also be available in Q4 and has MSRPs of $546.99 (256GB), $174.99 (128GB), $97.99 (64GB), $55.99 (32GB), and $31.99 (16GB), while the Lexar Professional Workflow SR2 reader has an MRSP of $29.99 and will be available in Q4. B&H
carries Lexar memory cards
Post Date: 9/16/2014 10:02:40 AM CT Posted By: Sean
Tamron is offering rebates on select lenses from September 15 through October 31. See below for details. Tamron Fall Rebates
Post Date: 9/16/2014 9:40:36 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From the Profoto YouTube Channel:
On September 15, 2014, the Profoto B1 became the world’s first off-camera flash to do TTL with both Nikon and Canon cameras.
Nikon shooters attach the Air Remote TTL-N (released today) to their camera’s hotshoe, Canon shooters the Air Remote TTL-C (released last year).
Both get to shoot with TTL and without any cords, and with plenty of power, speed and light shaping options.
To celebrate this, we gave B1 off-camera flashes, an Air Remote TTL-N and some Light Shaping Tools to wedding photographer Brian Marcus and asked him to take them for a spin on the streets of New York City.
How did they perform? Click play and see for yourself. Gear Used in the Video
Post Date: 9/16/2014 8:22:08 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From BlackRapid: September 15, 2014 -
Carry binoculars with, or without, a BlackRapid Double/Double Slim with our Binocular Strap.
Attaching to the shoulder straps of a Double strap, the Binocular Strap allows anyone to hang their binoculars comfortably while still carrying two cameras.
When not carrying any cameras, the Binocular Strap’s included neck strap is a comfortable and convenient standalone solution.
When not in use the Binocular Strap can be stowed in the included microfibre carry sack. Features
- Adapt the Binocular Strap to carry on a BlackRapid Double
- Easily attached/removed
- Standalone functionality
- Microfibre carry sack included
Convert nearly any backpack into a BlackRapid sling-strap with our Backpack Strap.
Attaching to the shoulder straps of an existing backpack and going diagonally across the torso, your favorite backpack can be customised with BlackRapid’s popular sling strap functionality.
When not in use the Backpack Strap can be stowed in the included microfibre carry sack. Features
- Convert a backpack to camera sling function
- Easily attached/removed
- Microfibre carry sack included
B&H carries the BlackRapid Binocular Strap
and Backpack Strap
Post Date: 9/15/2014 6:52:29 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From Profoto: Profoto releases Air Remote TTL-N, a clever little unit that allows Nikon shooters to do TTL metering with the Profoto B1 off-camera flash. September 15, 2014 -
“Game changer.” “Light of my life.” “A little bit of light and magic.” These are just a few of the words that were said when the Profoto B1 off-camera flash was released in November 2013.
The most attention-grabbing feature of the B1 was, and still is, its TTL metering. The TTL feature was initially only available for Canon shooters. But Profoto promised to continue to develop the B1’s patent-pending AirTTL system to also include Nikon. Today, Profoto delivers on that promise by releasing the Air Remote TTL-N.
Air Remote TTL-N is a small, wireless radio transmitter that attaches to the Nikon camera’s hotshoe. Attaching the unit enables TTL metering with the B1. The Air Remote TTL-N can also be used to manually control and sync the B1 or any other Profoto flash with Air built-in.
In other words, Air Remote TTL-N is the Nikon shooter’s equivalent to the Canon shooter’s Air Remote TTL-C (available since November 2013). But note that it is only the Air Remote TTL unit that is different depending on the camera that you are using. The B1 works the same regardless of camera brand. There are two AirTTL remotes, but there is only one B1 off-camera flash.
Air Remote TTL-N is sold separately. The recommended sales price is €295 / $395. The already released Air Remote TTL-C has the same price.
Profoto will continue to develop the AirTTL system and the off-camera flash concept. Next in line is a firmware upgrade for high-speed sync (HSS). New Light Shaping Tools, optimized for on-location photography, are also on their way. Furthermore, Profoto is looking into adding TTL functionality for even more camera manufacturers. B&H
has the Profoto Air Remote TTL-N
available for preorder.
Post Date: 9/15/2014 6:23:26 AM CT Posted By: Sean
From the Nikon Europe YouTube Channel:
Nikon presents a film by Nikon Ambassador John Wright, featuring the Nikon/MRMC Studio Bot and ex Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt as they perform together. The production was shot entirely on a Nikon D810 camera attached to the Nikon/MRMC robotic solution and demonstrates the level of creative control available on the Nikon/MRMC Studio Bot as it is animated to dance with professional dancer and performer Kimberly. No CGI was used in the making of this production and all camera positions where robotic or static.
Check out the Behind the Scenes segment below (very interesting): B&H
carries the Nikon D810 DSLR Camera
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:57:26 PM CT Posted By: Sean
For a limited time, DigitalRev
has the Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Lens for Canon/Nikon
) available for $1,199.00. Comapre at $1,499.00. Note:
When purchased by US customers, items sold by DigitalRev are considered grey market.
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:20:36 PM CT Posted By: Sean
(via drivengps) has the Refurbished Google Nexus 7 FHD 32GB Tablet
available for $159.99 with free shipping. Compare at $269.00 new.
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:12:40 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From the Adobe Photoshop YouTube Channel:
Photoshop Principal Product Manager Bryan O'Neil Hughes shows how to use the DNG Profile Editor to adjust color and light. Adobe
offers Photoshop CC & Lightroom 5
for $9.99 per month.
Post Date: 9/12/2014 12:03:34 PM CT Posted By: Sean
From Tamron: XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) element and LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements deployed in the front group ensures outstanding image depicting performance. Proprietary eBAND coating coupled with improved BBAR coating efficiently reduces ghosting and flare inherent to wideangle focal lengths to an absolute minimum.
September 12, 2014, Saitama, Japan. - Tamron Co., Ltd. (President & CEO: Morio Ono), a leading manufacturer of precision optics, announces development of a new ultra-wideangle zoom lens for full-frame DSLR cameras with a fast F/2.8 aperture and VC (Vibration Compensation), the world's first in its category. The price and launch date are to be determined. The lens will be showcased at the Tamron booth at Photokina 2014, September 16- 21, 2014 in Cologne, Germany (Photokina Booth Number:Hall 4.2 D10 - E19).
Since 2012, Tamron has been expanding its lineup of interchangeable lenses for 35mm full-frame DSLR cameras. SP 24-70mm F/2.8 was the first in the series, being integrated with VC, followed by the 70-200mm F/2.8, 90mm F/2.8 Macro, and 150-600mm F/5-6.3. The array of those new lenses have been highly acclaimed among the photo enthusiasts and working pros around the globe. To address the needs for more towards the wider angular field, Tamron spearheaded the development of SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD, a fast ultra-wideangle zoom lens with the image stabilization feature, setting itself apart from the rest of zooms in this category. Product Highlights
- Superb image quality and performance - With an optical construction of 18 elements in 13 groups, inclusive of XGM (eXpanded Glass Molded Aspherical) element placed at the front group and several LD (Low Dispersion) glass elements in the system, aberrations such as geometrical distortion and lateral color are efficiently compensated for enabling the zoom lens to deliver outstanding image quality throughout the entire range from corner to corner.
- Prominent competence of VC when shooting night scenes and under low light conditions - Recognizing the needs for image stabilization capability on a wideangle lens voiced by a number of photographers, especially for a full-frame, fast F/2.8 ultra-wide-angle zoom lens category, VC is tuned for providing discernible competence throughout the entire zoom range. The feature enhances image depicting capabilities for shooting night scenes and under low light conditions.
- Benefit of the eBAND and the improved BBAR coatings - Tamron's acclaimed BBAR (Broad-Band Anti-Reflection) coating is further refined to render uniformity in transmissivity across the critical bandwidths. Coupled with the eBAND coating, ghosting and flare typically observed on ultra-wideangle lenses are efficiently eliminated, resulting in crisper and crystal-clear images.
- Fluorine coating on the front element, Tamron's first - Due to the large diameter and the prominent convex profile of the front element, it is not practical to deploy a protective filter. For the first time, a fluorine coating is applied to the front element, which repels water or any type of dirt, while making it easier to remove such smudge when contaminated.
- Fascinating background "bokeh" with the fast maximum aperture of F/2.8 - Natural and smooth blur on the subject background enhances depictive capabilities of wide-angle photography when a subject is located in the close distance. The 9-blade diaphragm construction retains a near-circular aperture opening even when stopped down by two steps from its full open position and delivers ideal bokeh effects.
- Easy-to-use autofocus - Speed of autofocus and control accuracy are further improved. USD (Ultrasonic Silent Drive) delivers tack-sharp images due to the high torque and fast response speed with least amount of lag time, yet with extremely low acoustic noise. Equipped with a full-time manual focus mechanism, fine focus adjustments are enabled without exiting from the AF mode.
- Comes with "SILKYPIX Developer Studio for Tamron", RAW image processing software customized for Tamron SP lenses - The SILKYPIX Developer Studio software provides an added feature to generate high-quality images from RAW data, while performing adjustments to reflect a personal style and a taste of the photographer. These include white balance, color, sharpness, and the tonal curves recorded by digital cameras.
- The SILKYPIX Developer Studio for Tamron provides a range of functions, in addition to the basic adjustment capabilities, such as correcting aberrations (lateral color, distortion, relative illumination fall-off) referring to the optical design data. Optimal use with Tamron's SP series lenses - renowned for their high-depiction capabilities - delivers images that meet photographers' most exacting demands.
|Angle of View (diagonal) ||110° 32'–71°35' (for full frame format)|
| ||85°51'–49°53' (for APS-C format)|
|Lens Construction ||18 elements in 13 groups|
|Minimum Focus Distance||11in. (0.28m)|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio ||1:5|
|Length ||For Canon 5.7in. (145mm) / For Nikon 5.6in. (143mm) |
|Weight||38.8 oz. (1,100g)|
|Diaphragm Blades||9 (circular diaphragm) |
|Standard Accessories||Lens caps (push-on front & rear)|
|Compatible Mounts||Canon, Nikon, Sony|
No release date or MSRP was provided with this press release. We will add more information as it becomes available.
Post Date: 9/12/2014 1:05:16 AM CT Posted By: Sean